Alternative Beirut and Jibal offer a two-day workshop directed at donor organizations, and development aid workers. The workshop seeks to provide a space to critically reflect on development and aid work, while giving an alternative and holistic approach to history and politics in Lebanon, avoiding the dangers of single-story narratives. The workshop is multidisciplinary and takes into consideration history, society, development, socio-culture, geography, and economy.
Click here to download the flyer with all the details for this workshop.
A change in perspective to the understanding of the context and politics of Lebanon, through a multidisciplinary approach considering: history, geopolitics, class struggles, sectarianism, and economy. The aim is to bring more critical thinking to the understanding of local social dynamics;
- Exploring topics of stereotypes, prejudices and privileges;
- Acquire tools for thinking about our roles and interventions within a more equitable manner. Acquire tools for mapping society’s actors and placing oneself
- Acquire tools for mapping society’s actors and placing oneself
Duration: 2-day workshop on June 7th and 8th, 2023, from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Price: $200 per participant, including lunch and breaks (Up to 15 participants)
- Day 1: Across the street from the Syriac Catholic Patriarchate
- Day 2: To be communicated on Day 1
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or call +96171447944.