About Jibal and the project
JIBAL is a not-for-profit association that champions environmental and social justice principles. We envision a society centered on principles of reciprocity, recognition, and equitable redistribution. The work intertwines socio-cultural and ecological perspectives to promote a holistic approach to societal development. JIBAL promotes sustainability in all its aspects – in the built and natural environments, in human societies, and in economic and social policies – by developing and implementing different activities such as workshops, trainings, and applied research projects. JIBAL receives its funding mainly from international donors.
Jibal is starting, in collaboration with Helvetas, a 1-year project aimed at promoting food sovereignty in Lebanon through ensuring food quality and food security for vulnerable neighbourhoods affected by Beirut blast. Jibal is looking for a field and content officer for the duration of the project. The project aims at
- Supporting the transition towards circular economy, local and sustainable agriculture, of farmers within a short distance from Beirut (neighbouring Mount-Lebanon and Bekaa).
- Initiating a process or direct and affordable sales from these farmers to the inhabitants of vulnerable urban neighbourhoods.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contact with farmers
- Organising training sessions
- Helping with the actual conversion towards local + organic
- Link farmers with service providers / input suppliers.
- Contact with local communities
- Finding ways of direct sale, and implementing
- Helping in the management of financial support
- Thefield officer will closely work Jibal and Helvetas’ teams
- A flexible working environment with a working schedule equivalent to 5 days a week, 7h/day, 2 days of vacation per month.
- The staff will be based at Mansion, Zoukak El Blat, Beirut.
- A rewarding work environment where debates and trainings are regularly organized.
- The possibility to get involved in the overall decision-making process.
- A one-year contract.
Profile of the candidate
- Experience in sustainable agriculture, sustainable food systems, food sovereignty.
- Fluent Arabic and English speaking and writing skills, French is a plus.
- Good organization skills.
- The candidate has to be able to work under pressure as this will be an intense project
Interested? Please send us a relevant CV and your motivation to work with us (email or letter) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only people who have been preselected will receive a response.